Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Friday, September 9, 2011

PRAYING FOR OUR NATION

Going to the mountain tomorrow evening to pray for our nation.  Maybe it's just a foothill, but it'll have to do.  I was up there a while back with a group of friends, and we prayed for the nation.  But I feel God calling me back to do this alone to make reparation for an arrogant man's poor choice.
I am completely astounded that the mayor of New York banning prayer and pastors from the 9/11 service.  Bloomberg is an iceberg, and this nation is the Titanic.  Bloomberg!  Straight ahead!  How long will it be before the next catastrophe?   I wish Michael would just take his sword and lop off the Statue of Liberty's head.  Why not?  She's just a pagan goddess anyway. Should've been a statue of Jesus.  I could almost curse here about Bloomberg I'm so upset.  In fact, I got so upset today, I remembered Michael the Archangel and I blurted out, 'May God rebuke thee, Mr. Bloomberg!'  God forgive me for saying that, but surely we have to speak out against the rejection of God!  No wonder much of the world hates us.  "Look at those infidels!  They will not pray to God on 9-11!"  I'm sick at heart.  Has anyone taken the time to protest this?  Where is the outcry?  Oh, I forget, everybody is busy twittering or crowing, or updating their personal reality show on FB.  (sigh)  Sarcasm isn't really needed here.....

The last time I prayed at the mountain, aloud I asked for mercy and spoke of our sins of abortion and how the blood of 50 million babies cries out for justice.  I felt deep emotion when I said that our nation was supposed to be a cradle of Christianity but it's gotten too big for its britches.  I said it has grown sleek and fat.  That truly came as a prompting from the Holy Spirit.  
Just now, I was just watching a Youtube video, and this lady was reading Jeremiah 5, where it mentions 'sleek and fat.'  I honestly haven't looked up that phrase since I came back from the mountain, so I just looked it up and thought I would post Jeremiah 5 here. "Your wrongdoings have kept these away; your sins have deprived you of good. Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men. Like cages full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; they have become rich and powerful and have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. Should I not punish them for this?” declares the Lord. Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?“A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way.
But what will you do in the end?"
And finally, this.
Jeremiah 7:27-28 "When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer. Therefore say to them, ‘This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. Cut off your hair and throw it away; take up a lament on the barren heights, for the Lord has rejected and abandoned this generation that is under his wrath."

No comments:

Post a Comment