Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Friday, September 2, 2011

SABBATH MADE SIMPLE

SABBATH MADE SIMPLE
Jesus was a Jew and He kept the Sabbath as long as he lived.   I am referring to the Jewish Sabbath... Saturday, the seventh day of the week.
The apostles also kept the same Sabbath.
The Jews' Sabbath is now, and has always been, Saturday. 
If Jesus kept the Jewish Sabbath, and His apostles kept it, then we should too.
The Fourth Commandment was written by the finger of God.
In the gospel, Matt 12:8, Luke 6:5, and especially Hebrews 4 speaks of keeping the Sabbath.
The following scripture is very important too.  Exodus 31:16  "Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe teh sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant." 
PERPETUAL means never-ending. 
I have been reading nonsensical  article posted by letusreason.org, in which the writer presents a heretical view of the scriptures regarding the sabbath.  He claims to be following the 'new covenant'.  I sent him an email, but he appears to be set in his ways.



Nowhere can it be found in the gospel that the Sabbath day changed from the seventh day or that the Sabbath was deleted, though I hear many people say there is no longer a Sabbath.  What bible are they reading?  There are many, many scriptures about keeping the Sabbath. 

Jesus said in Matt 5:18-20  "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."
 
Read an editorial snippet online where a Catholic man once boasted that the Sunday Sabbath is the MARK of the Catholic church.
What MARK are you wearing?  If you are keeping the Sunday Sabbath or no sabbath at all, I hope you pray to God to manifest His will in your life regarding this matter.
As for me and my house, I will honor Yahweh's Sabbath. 

SIDE NOTE:  Was awakened around five this morning right after a dream where I asked my son if a person named 'Larry' had died.  He's a former neighbor of mine, a heavy set guy around 50-something that drinks a lot of beer. It wouldn't be surprising to me if he had a heart attack or something. I got out of bed and prayed for him. Will that dream be another foretelling of a death, or will prayer prevent it?  I'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment