Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

THE GRIM

I've paused while writing the book "Desert Dove" to log an entry.  I'd been writing about a black wolf that was menacing a prophet who lived in a cave.  I also wrote that the prophet's trust in God was being tested.  This certainly reminded me of an incident that happened last summer.  About that time, I was writing another story that featured the legendary Grim, which has been mentioned numerous times in Irish folklore.  The black dog, a portent of doom, was usually seen just before a person's death.  It's been seen in England and Scotland as well, and has also been referred to as Black Shuck, Cu Sith, a Hellhound, or even the Hound of the Baskervilles.
I'll  start by writing that I saw a large black dog by the side of the highway as I was driving home one night.  I think I was actually coming home from a prayer group meeting.  When I first saw it, I whispered, 'a Grim!' to myself.  I questioned in my heart, "Is someone going to die?"  I received large goosebumps and was quite unsettled.  Of course, my mind grew somewhat anxious.  Would it be one of my children, or one of my friends or family?  There was no answer.  Now in three days, I was supposed to go out of town with my mother and her boyfriend.  I worried a little that we might have a bad wreck.  If so, who would die?  Who would be injured?   What could I do but wait and see what would happen?  Inside my heart I prayed that it would be no one I knew.  But my heart asks now, should I have prayed for it not to occur.  Yet I felt deep inside that a death would occur.
One the day the death occurred, I was picked up at my house by my mother and her boyfriend.  We were headed to visit one of my high school teachers who was now retired and whom I hadn't seen in many years.  At no point did I try to cancel the trip.  Why, I don't know.  Somehow I felt I should trust the Lord and let everything play out as He willed.  When we were no more than three or four miles from my house, we came upon an accident. A  tractor-trailer truck carrying what looked like a light load had collided with a car on the driver's side.  We passed by slowly, and when I unbuckled my seat belt to rubber-neck, there was a body lying on the shoulder with a tarp covering it.  My skin erupted in massive goosebumps.  'The Grim!' I said in my mind.  Massive Holy Spirit goose bumps.
I began to understand that the Grim was real.  On a side note, I'm not sure if I mentioned I have Scottish roots..I've read that many 'seers' have Irish or Scottish roots.  Interestingly, I read somewhere online that the prophet Jeremiah may have traveled to Ireland or Scotland, but I don't know if it's fact.
Months later after the accident occurred, I saw another black dog trotting on my road, and my headlights caused the dog's eyes to shine spookily.  Goose bumps.  I questioned in my heart if it was a Grim and I immediately thought about a woman who I knew who was dying of cancer.  Goose bumps again.  She died two weeks or so after that.
Now these were real dogs, as I've seen both of these dogs since.  One of them was seen again shortly before my uncle died.  But I must add that I don't always get goose bumps when I see black dogs. 
To me, these occurrences are plum spooky...side note, I'm currently starting to read a book entitled Plum Spooky, lol.
I felt an urge to pray for the victim of the accident and the person who died of cancer.  I prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for both.  Now some might think I'm communicating with a familiar spirit, which of course, is a dark spirit or demon.  If that's true, why would I feel a deep urge to pray for both of them and act upon it?
Matthew 12:30 says, "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."
Funny, I'm recalling that that accident occurred around 12:00 noon...
God reveals what He wills to whom He wills, that I am sure of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment