Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Sunday, June 12, 2011

REGARDING IDOLATRY/DEUTERONOMY 5:8

I'm going to post a recent dream that occurred in April 2011 or so.  I dreamed I was in a big house with a lot of rooms, and every room had walls filled with shelves.  Every shelf was loaded with knick-knacks and stuff.  I remember suddenly focusing on a stuffed, pink rabbit.  I walked amidst junk on the floor to and thought to myself, 'I need to get out of here!'  It was almost suffocating, and I felt trapped in all that junk. 
When I finally found my way outside, to my horror there was what I can only call a Hellhound running amok.  It's appearance could be likened to a cross between a black panther and a dog.  Soon, it came after me, and I picked up a shovel, of all things, to protect myself.  The Hellhound roared fiercely, but I shoved the shovel in its face.  I didn't feel fear, but I felt anger at it, like I wanted to hurt it.  Never did it touch me or even strike the weapon I was wielding, before it turned away to chase after the other people.  When it did, I saw blood spurting from its sides.  Somehow I knew that the demon could devour and devour, and never would its stomach be filled, for whatever it ate would run out of the holes in its sides.
The Holy Spirit enlightened me...it was the Demon of Idolatry I saw, which runs rampant in our country.  The pink rabbit, to me, signified two things:  1.  We start our children out early as idolators, giving them toys they form attachments to.  2:  Easter has become an abomination, a pagan holiday injected with covetousness, something to be marketed.  I could go on and on about Easter and Christmas.


A lot of people would disagree with me about my reaction to this dream, but I did what the Lord placed in my heart.  I knew I had moving boxes full of junk in my storage shed which I had no available space for in my house.  My rooms would have to be lined with shelves to hold all of it.  I lamented the amount of money wasted on the collectibles and antiques.  I must add that about a week after the dream, I got upset with some things a speaker was saying to the youth of our church, and to distract myself, I opened the bible. 
This is what the Lord led me to:  Deuteronomy 5:8  "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth."
Now I have a scripture to go with the dream.
I can also see that once again I've found fault with someone else, when I had work to do on myself....
I looked up from my bible to gaze at this horse lamp I had, which I always really liked.  For some reason, it had been bothering me since the dream, so I asked the Lord if I needed to get rid of it. After all, it was made in the likeness of something on the earth.  I got goose bumps, which is an affirmation.  Knowing if I gave it to Goodwill or something, it could just become someone else's idol, I asked, 'Do I destroy?  Please affirm.'  More goose bumps.
Ok, I had some house cleaning to do...actually a lot.  Dust and ashes coat my tongue, kept coming to mind while I cleaned out my house and sheds.  That was a song the choir I was in always sang during Lent. After I cleaned the stuff out, which embarrassingly added up to about three pickup loads or more, that only left the angels I'd collected, and there were a lot when I included those I received as gifts.  I start trying to reason with the scripture, hmm, maybe by what is in heaven above means stars, planets, etc.  But I knew I had to ask.  I was praying in my room and asked my Helper, what about the angels?  Them too?  I need to know, please.'  I felt the Holy Spirit goose bumps. 
My spirit felt much lighter when I got all of that stuff destroyed and thrown in the trash, I must say.  And I realized I hadn't done a good job thus far emulating St. Lea. 
I ask Him time and time again why He puts up with me.  My Yeshua is so patient, so kind, I love Him so...
I will finish by saying that I talked to my priest about the dream and what I did, hoping he would want to warn others.  He kind of laughed and said, 'Why, you don't bow down to those little things, do you?'
I said, 'No, but, (then I quoted Deuteronomy 5:8).
But I also told him what I tell you now.  When I broke the angels with a hammer, I smelled roses.
My priest became serious and said, 'He (God) must be doing something different with you.'
WHAT?!  Do the scriptures only apply to ME?  Is this only MY TEST?  I thought the bible was written for everybody!
Of course I didn't say these things to him, but I'm thinking them now as I write.  Actually, I didn't say anything else after the priest spoke, but he kind of made me feel stupid.  That's ok, because I know who I should be obedient to!
How is it that we reason and use theology and knowledge in such a way as to twist the scriptures so we feel comfortable being disobedient?  I have to admit I was trying to do the same thing so I would feel right in keeping my angels.
I'm glad I asked the Spirit, though, instead of going by what my priest said.  So many people do that, ask a person, as if the Holy Trinity isn't interested in a personal relationship with us.  They are...they are omnipresent.

Why aren't the scriptures taken as they're written?  When I read Deut 5:8 it seems pretty clear to me.
I now know that if I have a question about scripture, I shouldn't ask the flesh, I should ask the Holy Spirit for enlightenment.  He will give it...if only a person will ask.  Jesus said He'd send the Helper.  That is a promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment