Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Monday, June 13, 2011

STRANGE COINCIDENCE

I'm writing a book called Desert Dove, and it is meant to be a sequel to The Alchemist, if the author permits me to use his characters.  Led by the Spirit, I had written in the story that a church in southern Spain had been damaged by an earthquake, and a tree had grown inside it afterward.  This is depicted in The Alchemist at the end of author Coelho's story, where the boy digs up treasure at the base of the tree.  However, it doesn't mention that the church was damaged by earthquake.  It's just what I let the Holy Spirit lead me to write.  What's strange is that I Googled 'earthquakes in Spain,' and lo and behold, there had just been an earthquake in Lorca!  It is in the Murcia province, east of Andalusia.  The boy in The Alchemist was from Andalusia.

In another story I've been writing, I told of an earthquake in southern Turkey that collapsed a mine owned by the fictional Deep Empire Mining Operation of the North, or DEMON for short.  (It's the north mine, because the south mine was located in North Africa...silly, I know, but that's what I wrote).  I gave the mine that name for the mine because there actually is a mining company in Turkey called Empire Mining Co.  There have been too many strange coincidences in my book writing to withhold putting this in my blog.  I really wouldn't be surprised if an earthquake hit Turkey or S. Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment