The Lord gave me a prophecy recently. In these last days, things are very dark, and to be a true believer one must struggle as hard as a salmon. If you know anything about salmon, you'll know life isn't easy for a salmon. They struggle against extremely powerful currents of water to reach an area where they will bear fruit, that is, produce young...multiply. Along the way, bears snap at them and fishermen toss their hooks at them. (Makes me think of the Christian's who go into hostile territory to spread the gospel.) Now if a person goes with the current, one will be swept out to sea to be eaten by sharks, producing no fruit and receiving no eternal life.
Deuteronomy 5:32 So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."
Chances are, if everyone is doing it, they're swimming with the current, meaning you shouldn't do it too. Some of the powerful currents we must swim against in our lives today are lukewarm churches, pop culture, pleasure-seeking and prosperity prophets. To 'do what is right in your own eyes' seems to be the status quo, yet thankfully the Lord has opened my eyes to where I see status-seeking Americans living like Romans. I know I was. We have our Colosseum, actually, we have many of them, and we have our gyms/bathhouses.
For most people, God is shelved until Sunday, if even that. Watch a Gaga video and you'll see orgies being glorified. I read that she thanks God for her success. Who exactly is her God? I have to pity her actually, because I also read that Lady Gaga feels dead when she's not performing on stage. How empty must 99% of her life be...and the other 1% consists only of a momentary adrenaline rush. What can I do but add her to my prayer list...
I can't say it enough. I think many people can't see the light because they're not reading His Word. And they're not reading the Word because they don't want to be convicted of their sins. No one wants to listen to a priest or pastor who pounds the pulpit and tells them to clean up their lives and read their bibles. Long ago, preachers did this, and life was hard then. There is poverty in this country, yes, but many, many Americans now enjoy a decent standard of living...yet this generation is the most coddled generation, that is, by the leaders of churches.