Welcome to Hyster's Blog

ACTS 2: 17 IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND: YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. YES, EVEN ON MY SERVANTS AND HANDMAIDS I WILL POUR OUT A PORTION OF MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS, AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY."

Sunday, June 12, 2011

JAMES 4:6, PSALM 51, 8-9, PSALM 131, PSALM 130

Humility is a must when seeking closeness with God.  David the Psalmist was a very humble young man.
I have really been drawn to the Psalms more and more lately.

James 4:6 says, "But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."


Psalm 51 is a psalm that relates to my dreams of white-robed people.
'Indeed you love truth in the heart; then in the secret of my heart teach me Wisdom.
O purify me, then I shall be clean;  O wash me, I shall be whiter than snow.

Please listen to the beautiful song by John Michael Talbot called 'Come To The Quiet', based on Psalm 131.
'My heart is not proud, O Lord, my eyes are not haughty; 
I do not concern myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child 
with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. 
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, Both now and forevermore.'

I pray this next Psalm every morning as part of the De Profundis.
Psalm 130:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.

HE WILL RAISE YOU UP ON EAGLE'S WINGS

Psalm 51 12-13
'A pure heart create for us, O God, put a steadfast spirit within us.
Do not cast us away from your presence, nor deprive us of your Holy Spirit.'

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment